How to Repair Damaged Surfaces to Prepare For Painting a Home
You need to prepare damaged surfaces before you can apply paint. If you do not have enough time to carry out the project, you can as well hire a professional for the services. You can contact 1st Choice Pro’s who are known to offer the best services.
How to Start Preparation Process
- Highlight hidden flaws
- You need to look for a strong light and illuminate the hidden flaws.
- You can then mark the spots where the flaws are so that you can apply the necessary primer.
- Seal torn paper If your dry wall has been torn, then you need to apply a sealant so that you can seal it for a smooth application of the sealant and primer.
- Tape and fill damaged corners
- If corners have been damaged, then you need to fill then and apply a tape.
- It is a straight forward process you need to fix so that the paint can have an even spread.
- If there are holes in the wall, you need to apply an aluminum patch to seal them.
- Cut out old glue strips
- If the wall has old glue strips, then you need to cut them out so that you can easily apply the paint.
- You should as well cut out any wall cracks and apply the sealant.
- Holes should be filed well.
- If possible apply the sealant three times to achieve a perfect seal.
- Block stains with special primer
- If your wall has developed hard stains, then you need to apply a special primer which will seal off the stains.
- It is necessary to apply the special primer so that the stains will not show on the bright paint.
The above are simple steps you can take to achieve the perfect wall for home painting project. They are easy to follow.